Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/wars1as/public_html/warsbb/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/wars1as/public_html/warsbb/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/wars1as/public_html/warsbb/includes/functions_content.php on line 668

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/wars1as/public_html/warsbb/includes/functions_content.php on line 668

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
West Australia Radio Soarers • View topic - Topgun Mirage 2002, 90mm EDF*sale cancelled*

Topgun Mirage 2002, 90mm EDF*sale cancelled*

Got something to sell. Try advertising it here

Topgun Mirage 2002, 90mm EDF*sale cancelled*

Postby Lloyd22 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:58 pm

Hi, for sale is a Topgun Mirage 90mm edf.

The retracts and wheels were never installed or used but are included in the sale.

It's had 30 or 40 flights off a bungee ramp, so it has visible wear but still runs perfectly. I replaced the cheap stock fan with a 90mm factory balanced Wemotch midifan unit, with an HET typhoon motor. I can power up the model on pickup, sounds great. It has a bungee launch hook installed in the correct position for easy ramp launches, but these jets can be hand launched easily enough..

The model had LED's installed in the wings and nose, these all are working. I installed balsa sheet ducting into the fuselage to improve airflow to the fan, and the ESC is mounted to the ducting wall with it's heatsink exposed to the airflow for cooling (the esc is from hobbyking, it's 80 or 100amp). I also narrowed the diameter of the jet exhaust by about 10mm which gives it a speed boost. The ducting created a nice protected compartment inside the fuselage for the radio gear and electrics.

The wing spar/root has been reinforced with flat carbon fibre strips, it's made the foam wing very tough. The same has been done to the vertical stab, although a small piece at the tip has been knock off at some point, no effect on performance that I noticed. I cut a removable panel at the rear so the motor fan unit can be removed for maintenance or replacement. I added skids on the bottom which have done a great job protecting the underside of the model.

There is a crack near the front where the model came off the bungee ramp in a failed launch, but I epoxied and reinforced it with no problems after that.

The 6s battery is included but its probably not in the best condition, I would still fly it with that lipo anyway. I'm selling because I can't fly jets at the field, otherwise it would be staying in my collection. It's a blast to fly, and very stable.

https://vimeo.com/44799184

Lloyd22

Qualification: bronze wing
Club: WARS

Return to For Sale