Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/wars1as/public_html/warsbb/includes/functions_content.php on line 668

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/wars1as/public_html/warsbb/includes/functions_content.php on line 668

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions_content.php:668)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions_content.php:668)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions_content.php:668)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions_content.php:668)
West Australia Radio Soarers • View topic - SOME WIND LINKS AND A HANDY DESKTOP WEATHER TRACKER

SOME WIND LINKS AND A HANDY DESKTOP WEATHER TRACKER

SOME WIND LINKS AND A HANDY DESKTOP WEATHER TRACKER

Postby SUPERSTITION » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:17 pm

HI ALL,
AS THE WEATHER SEEMS TO PLAY A LARGE ROLE IN DECIDING WHETER TOFLY OR NOT FOR ME I THOUGHT I WOULD POST SOME LINK SI FIND HELPFUL, IF YOU KNOW OF ANY MORE LET ME KNOW - I'M TRYING TO GET MORE REALTIMEWIND READINGS CLOSE TO THE CLUB... GOOGLE EARTH SHOWS A STATION NEAR CAPE STREET...

I FIND WAVING THE CURSOR OVER "WEATHERZONE TRACKER" BY "WEATHERZONE" SET TO "YOKINE" VIA THE PREFERENCES SETTING GIVES A GREAT READOUT OF WIND SPEED, GUST SPEEDS, WIND DIRECTION, DEW POINTS, TEMPERATURE & "FEELS LIKE TEMPERATURE" ALSO BARAMETRIC PRESSURE READINGS ARE GIVEN ALSO...
IT HAS WARNING PARAMETERS FOR ALL SORTS OF WEATHER FACETS AND SITS NICELY ON THE DESKTOP WITH THE ABILITY TO ADJUST THE TRANSPERENCY OF THE DESKTOP DISPLAY ICON.. IT CAN BE FOUND HERE http://www.weatherzone.com.au/weathertracker/. YOU MAY NEED TO SIGN ON FREE OF CHARGE..

A SITE USED BY MANY IS "SEABREEZE" , I SET THE SUBURB AND THEN COLORS FOR RED WHEN THE WINDS ARE HIGH AND GREEN WHEN LOW, NORMALLY ITS THE OTHER WAY AROUND SUITING KITESURFERS AND THE LIKE.. IT IS INTERESTING TO COMPARE THE READOUT FROM "WEATHERZONE TRACKER" AND COMPARING IT TO VARRIOUS FORECASTS, YOU'LL FIND THAT THE EVENING FORECAST'S ARE >8KMPH AT TIMES. "SEEBREEZE" IS LOCATED HERE: http://www.seabreeze.com.au/graphs/wa.asp

CITYSURF HAS A CAM SECTION I DISCOVERED IN QUITE IN DEPTH A GREAT FORECAST SECTION BELOW THE CAMS, PROVIDING DETAILED FORECAST DATA AS SHOWN
Local date Thursday Jan 28 Friday, Jan 29
Local time 02 05 08 11 14 17 20 23 02 05 08 11 14 17 20 23
Wind direction
Wind speed (Knots) 16 16 13 7 13 16 12 17 16 14 11 1 18 13 11 14
Wave direction [WW3]
Wave height (m) [WW3] 2.7 2.5 2.3 2.2 2.2 2.5 2.7 2.8 2.8 2.9 2.9 3.1 3.2 3.5 3.6 3.7
Wave period (s) [WW3] 6 11 11 11 11 17 16 16 16 15 15 15 14 14 14 14
Cloud cover
Precipitation (mm/3h) 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Pressure sealevel (hPa) 1010 1010 1010 1009 1007 1005 1006 1007 1006 1006 1007 1006 1005 1005 1006 1006
Air temperature (°C) 23 22 22 25 26 27 27 27 25 24 24 25 25 24 23 22
*****IF YOU SCROLL BELOW THE CAMS PICTURES AT THIS LNK YOU WILL FIND THE ABOVE FORECASTER AT
http://www.citysurf.asn.au/webcam/

ALSO "WINDFINDER" http://www.windfinder.com IS A GREAT LINK I THINK IT FORMS THE BACKBONE OF THE AFORE MENTIONED CITYSURFCAMS LINK.. ANOTHER LINK FROM WINDFINDER IS
http://www.windfinder.com/windstats/win ... _world.htm
IT PROVIDES SOME GREAT WIND ANALYSIS…

AN UPDATE IS ANOTHER "WEATHERTRACKER" I FOUND CALLED "WEATHER WATCHER LIVE" IT'S A 30 DAY DEMO, I'M TRYING TO FIND A REGISTRATION SERIAL FOR IT, SO IT WILL BE FREE FOR AS LONG AS YOU LIKE. IT IS A BIT OF FUN ACTUALLY AND PROVIDES LOTS OF BELLS AND WHISTLES INCLUDING WIND, SUNSHINE, IR, CLOUD COVER, PRESSURE MAPS. WARNINGS,FORECASTS, MOON PHASES,SUNSET AND SUNRISE, WIND DIRECTION AND SPEED IN EITHER KNOTS OR Kph. IT IS QUITE LARGE AND IT WILL TAKE UP HALF YOUR SCREEN IF YOU WANTED TO LEAVE IT FLOAT ALL DAY OR YOU CAN MINIMIZE IT TO YOUR TRAY.. IT IS LOCATED HERE http://www.singerscreations.com

WELL FOR THE MOMENT I HOPE THE ABOVE ISOF SOME HELP, MY PICK OF THE BUNCH IS “WEATHERZONE TRACKER” SET TO YOKINE FOR REAL TIME AND SEABREEZE OR THE FORECASTER AT THE BOTTOM OF THE CITYSURF LINK http://www.citysurf.asn.au/webcam/ FOR FORECATING…

I’M SURE WHEN MY FLYING ABILITY GOOD ENOUGH I WILL ONLY BE CONSERNED WITH THE HEAT, AS I FIND MORE I SHALL KEEP ADDING SITES FOR YOUR DISCRETION!!!!!

HAPPY FLYING ALL

REGARDS,

JEREMY GRIFFIN
Just one more plane, or maybe two.....
SUPERSTITION

Qualification: NOVICE
Club: WARS

Re: SOME WIND LINKS AND A HANDY DESKTOP WEATHER TRACKER

Postby ingo » Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:36 am

Found this website: http://www.accuweather.com/en/au/yokine ... cast/16473
No idea how accurate it is, but at least it has a forecast for Yokine and hourly wind speeds. Have to keep an eye on it and see if it bears a passing resemblance to reality. :lol: Lets face it, its gotta be better than looking at Seabreeze for weather on the coast and the forecast for the airport and trying to guess between the two.
“Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.”
ingo

Location: Just trying to stay away from those bloody trees!!! (and light posts)
Qualification: Tree Feller
Club: WARS, KDMAS, DAC

Return to Weather Links