Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/wars1as/public_html/warsbb/includes/functions_content.php on line 668

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/wars1as/public_html/warsbb/includes/functions_content.php on line 668

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions_content.php:668)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions_content.php:668)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions_content.php:668)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions_content.php:668)
West Australia Radio Soarers • View topic - Turnigy Accucel-6 50W 5A Balancer/Charger

Turnigy Accucel-6 50W 5A Balancer/Charger

Turnigy Accucel-6 50W 5A Balancer/Charger

Postby leslie » Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:33 pm

I just saw that hobby city have qty 1392 of Turnigy Accucel-6 50W 5A Balancer/Charger in stock for us$33.99
A good price for a very good charger
leslie

Club: WARS

Re: Turnigy Accucel-6 50W 5A Balancer/Charger

Postby CaptBiggles » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:18 am

If you decide to buy one (highly recommended) buy the compatible 240v
power supply:

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/stor ... oduct=6256

That way its a great charger at home as well as at the flying field.

I have one I am very happy with it. Even at the normal price its good value.
"Argue for your limitations and, sure enough, they are yours"
Illusions: The Adventures of a Reluctant Messiah, Richard Bach, 1977
CaptBiggles

Qualification: Bronze Wing

Postby Don » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:35 am

I have just received a Turnigy Accucel 6 from HobbyKing and when attempting to charge a Zippy 3s 2200mah I am getting an error mesaage that the cell voltage is low even when I have checked them with a Smart Guard and they are above the minimum level. It seems that my charger has some open circuits on the balancer socket pins.

Any ideas on a fix.

Don McLaren
Don

Qualification: Not Yet

Postby fearless2fly » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:08 am

Don dose it come up with error as soon as you plug it in, or after you program it
also have you tried other batt
are the polarities a match
have you tried jiggling the wires a bit or disconnect then connect a couple of times then start balance charge
although not the same charger these problems arose with mine
the most common problem has been the leads to the batt
just some ideas till someone can give a more detailed assessment and cure
If it flies away and never comes back it wasn't yours
Thats my story and i'm sticking to it

FLY BE FREE
fearless2fly

Qualification: Splintered

Postby Don » Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:52 am

Thanks for input fearless2fly.

The error message comes up as soon as I connect a battery and switch on. It does it's battery check and then up comes the message. I have tried other li-po battery packs and get the same thing. It will charge NiCad/Nimh packs without a problem. I have checked on the HobbyKing forum website and this charger has been causing a few problems like mine. One guy opened up his charger and checked each pin and found 2 faults. Dry solder joints on some of the pins which he fixed by re-soldering them and a crack in the PCB board causing open circuits. He fixed this by making a new jump lead between the pins to bridge the open circuits.

I am teampted to send it back to HobbyKing, but have heard that they are taking a very long time to resolve the problems and send back a replacement unit.

If I open the charger I will void the warranty. The problem of returning the charger to HobbyKing in Hong Kong/Singapore is the cost of postage through AusPost compared to the cost of the unit.

Don
Don

Qualification: Not Yet

Postby fearless2fly » Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:06 am

Yep Don opening it will void the warrenty and getting a replacement will take forever not that ive done it myself
me i'd just buy another two at this price you cant go wrong and it'll be quicker
or if you have a clue what your doing open it and search for the problem fix it yourself
on my charger if there's a circuit problem it gives connection break for warning
low voltage warning comes when i'm discharging lipo for storage and its already below my storage setting but still above min level for lipo
If it flies away and never comes back it wasn't yours
Thats my story and i'm sticking to it

FLY BE FREE
fearless2fly

Qualification: Splintered

Return to Chargers