Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/wars1as/public_html/warsbb/includes/functions_content.php on line 668

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/wars1as/public_html/warsbb/includes/functions_content.php on line 668

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions_content.php:668)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions_content.php:668)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions_content.php:668)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions_content.php:668)
West Australia Radio Soarers • View topic - Power loss at Take=off Trojan T28

Power loss at Take=off Trojan T28

Power loss at Take=off Trojan T28

Postby Don » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:09 am

I have a Black Horse Trojan T 28 (1200 mm wingspan) which I assembled as an ARF kit fitted with a Power 32 brushless outrunner and 11 x 8 3 blade Master Screw Prop. ESC is a 60amp Dualsky and the Li-Po is a 4S1P 4000 Mah, take off weight 1965 grams.

Last Saturday with a light breeze, I completed a full pre-flight check including checking the full throttle response under load and then attempted a maiden flight taking off from a tar runway into the breeze and started the run about 100m from the runway end.

I started the take-off run with the throttle advancing progressively until three quarter power and started the lift off. The plane became airborne and started to climb. At about 3 -4 meters above the ground the plane suddenly started to descend. I managed to dead stick land the plane without any power at the end of the runway. On retrieving the plane, there was no damage and I checked the power, all OK, no problem.

So I attempted another take off a bit further back to give the plane a longer take off run. Same takeoff situation and at the same altitude at 3/4 throttle advancing to full throttle, the plane suddenly lost power and started a steep descent into the runway. Damage to the front end, but no damage to the motor etc.

I have completed a bench test of the motor setup that I had in the plane and I cannot replicate the problem. Everything seems to be OK, so my question is .... What happened?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Don
Don

Qualification: Not Yet
Club: WARS

Return to Electric Planes