Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/wars1as/public_html/warsbb/includes/functions_content.php on line 668

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/wars1as/public_html/warsbb/includes/functions_content.php on line 668

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions_content.php:668)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions_content.php:668)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions_content.php:668)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions_content.php:668)
West Australia Radio Soarers • View topic - Hobby King Vanquish

Hobby King Vanquish

Hobby King Vanquish

Postby cholme » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:32 am

This thing arrived yesterday and is ready for sea trials today 8-)
HK think that a 36XX motor is the way to go, Consensus on the web suggests these are too small. I've gone for High KV and low cell count with a 3660, I suspect that this setup will be adequate but not startling. I'm thinking of lower KV and higher cell count to increase the total power available. People have fitted the cc1717 from the traxas spartan and that supersonic car they make to this boat but I suspect that the hull would not last long. The hull is easily deformed by twisting the motor mount to the side and pressing on the servo tray produces large deformations in the hull. The torque of the servo is going to do this easily. I am going to run the boat without strengthening the hull for a while then lay a couple more sheets of glass on the inside along with some ply stiffeners to make sure the wetted area of the hull does not flex under high load. Considering that the cc1717 can produce 3.5 KW i think this will be a must do mod if a massive motor is fitted. First sea trial will be with 2S, the numbers suggest that it might plane just. If nothing breaks then a 3S pack will go in and so on till I chicken out or the boat does. The motor is 3060 KV, pulls 65 amps max and can supposedly handle 5S, thats over 50 Krpm no load. If I can get it to plane and then get it not to fly this thing is gunna be quick.
lOOk....It's working perfectly........Lets fix it
cholme

Qualification: Broken Wings
Club: WARS

Return to RC Boats