Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/wars1as/public_html/warsbb/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/wars1as/public_html/warsbb/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/wars1as/public_html/warsbb/includes/functions_content.php on line 668

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/wars1as/public_html/warsbb/includes/functions_content.php on line 668

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/wars1as/public_html/warsbb/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
West Australia Radio Soarers • View topic - Blade Micro Heli MCPX2 Settings

Blade Micro Heli MCPX2 Settings

Blade Micro Heli MCPX2 Settings

Postby Don » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:57 am

I have purchased one of these new heli's and to help me learn to control it, I have de-tuned the factory settings based on info from this website http://www.rchelicopterfun.com/blade-mcp.html.
By changing the collective settings (Throttle & Pitch) on my DX7 Tx I can spool up gently and now hover without crashing.
My new settings are:
Revised Normal 1 2 3 4 5 Factory Normal 1 2 3 4 5
Throtlle % 0 25 55 70 70 Throtlle % 0 40 60 80 100
Pitch % 50 55 60 65 70 Pitch % 30 INH 50 INH 100

I am getting the normal left and forward drift with no rudder wag and when I try to correct, the response on the aileron and elevator stick is too aggressive as my cyclic controls are too sensitive and are still based on the factory settings as follows:
Aileron EXP 30% D/R 70%
Elevator EXP 30% D/R 70%
Rudder EXP LIN D/R 100%

Do I increase the EXP on the Aileron and Elevator to get a softer range at the stick center so that if I move the elevator stick forward or back I do not get the heli zooming too fast forward, backwards or sideways even with only a very small slow movements of the sticks? What EXP % settings would be OK to begin with?

Don
Don

Qualification: Not Yet
Club: WARS

Re: Blade Micro Heli MCPX2 Settings

Postby fearless2fly » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:04 am

my throughs are at 100% on both rates but 80% expo for practice and 30% expo for stunts
If it flies away and never comes back it wasn't yours
Thats my story and i'm sticking to it

FLY BE FREE
fearless2fly

Qualification: Splintered

Postby Attila » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:37 am

More expo should help, but no one flies with 80% expo, not helicopters anyway. Just learn to use fine stick movements, because when you need to save the heli from a crash and need more but not all of the available range, you will end up overcorrecting and potentially crashing because of that. Easy does it for helis ;)
Attila

Postby fearless2fly » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:29 am

i fly with 80% to practice although im nobody,it definitely helps with the mcpx
also ive flown it with no expo which is fun
if you use 70% throw then i wouldnt go for 80% expo maybe 50-60 as i said i use 100% throw
i suggest you use as higher expo as you feel comfortable with to stop over correcting till you get a handle on it then you can use what ever you like and fly how you want
as said small movements of the stick is important with all craft, but its easy to panic when things go wrong and over correcting can be mostly avoided if you have more expo than needed while learning i think

FLY BE FREE
fearless2fly

Postby cholme » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:15 am

How long are you moving the stick for?
These things are so light and sensitive that if you leave the control input on until you see a response then you have over-corrected. Try releasing the stick back to neutral sooner along with smaller smoother movements of the sticks.
Don't go over 80% expo, you wont learn to drive the chopper like that.
Higher expo values do not mean less overall travel, you can still save the chopper but you have to push the stick further for the same result. Bear in mind that with high expo you are gong to have massive amounts of servo movement at the ends of the sticks.
Don't reduce the servo travel ie. dont reduce travel or move end points toward the center, this will result in the tears that Attila alludes to.

If this is your first chopper then I admire your intestinal fortitude, not an impossible trainer but not docile either. Perhaps thirty more dollars spent on a cheap infrared co-axial might save your mcpx and be a little less wearing on the nerves and thumbs while you get the basics.

Another word about expo, almost all of my models fly with around 70%, gives me a locked in feeling when I'm trying to do stuff while still allowing full surface deflection at full stick.

Maybe you could try switching to heli mode and defining curves for the cyclic, not sure it will work on your radio but, if so, it will give you a more visual way to control the cyclic expo.
lOOk....It's working perfectly........Lets fix it
cholme

Qualification: Broken Wings

Postby Don » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:10 am

Thanks guys for your input. I have set up my DX7 as before in my first post, but this time I have set the EXP on elevator and aileron to 50% instead of the 30%.

When I did another test, there was a bit of vibration noise coming from the blades at 1/2 throttle, When I start to get a bit of lightness on the skids, the heli tries to tip backwards and sideways. I checked the blade tension, which were quite lose.Reset them.

I also had a very close look at the swash plate under a good magnifying glass and using a digital caliper gauge, checked to see if it was level. The left side when viewed from the rear was a fraction down, so I corrected it to level the swash plate.

I also noticed that the main rotor gear, which is a press fit and not fastened with a screw, was not fully pushed up to the lower shaft bearing. This meant that the rotor shaft could move up or down by about 2mm with the gear almost off the pinion gear and probably accounts for the weird pitch movements when spooling up. I took off the head and swash plate, removed the lower shaft collar below the swash and moved the rotor gear up the shaft until I had a kiss fit with very little movement. Then fitted back the collar, swash and head and did another spool up to 1/2 throttle, no vibration or funny pitch movements.

I was somewhat surprised at what I found considering that this little heli came fully assembled and set up at the factory. I am now going to get someone to test fly the MCPX2 before I start to learn to hover again. With this particular heli, it seems that once the head speeds gets up a bit at 1/2 throttle, it needs a quick increase in throttle to get it to lift up smoothly. I have even found this to be the case on my Phoenix Sim flying the Blade MCPX.

One way or the other I am determined to take control of this little beast, but maybe I might take Chris Holmes advice and put it aside and try another heli to learn on. Any thoughts on that Chris. Which 3-axis stabilised flybarless heli would you suggest?

Don
Don

Qualification: Not Yet

Postby fearless2fly » Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:24 am

Anda199208 wrote:The history of rc helicopter dates back to the 1940s when it was invented for the very first time in France by Leguet, a wig inventor. However, the real lace wigs patent holder was M. Tiller, and he still holds the title after a long lawsuit that was filed against other creators. In the recent times, lace front wigs are randomly used in movies and also in the film industry, which has further created some amazing actors and has also given them a natural appearance while they played their rules. The wigs that have a lace base actually helps in creating a flawless hairline, but only if it is applied properly. Many celebrities have been using these hairpieces on a regular basis, in order to protect the natural hair from harsh chemicals and environmental dusts and dirt.

what this got to do with the micro helies exactly
all you seem to be saying
these are the type of wig you put on your helies

FLY BE FREE
fearless2fly

Postby Attila » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:07 pm

Got usselves a spammer by the looks of it. Can a moderator just ban his account?
Attila

Postby PCGuru » Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:14 am

Done :-)
Crashing Builds Character...
PCGuru

Return to Electric Helicopter